You can be trapped easily with this question, So be aware of the appropriate reply. This is a really tricky question asked in interviews. Do not get confused between yes or no.
- To know if you have any offers in hand.
- To judge your skills in planning and decision making.
- The question asked has nothing to do with the real offer. It is for judging how you approach a situation where decision making is crucial.
- Do not conclude on the decision. Keep it pending, in an intelligent way, so that you can use it to your advantage later.
I have offers from other two organizations which are in the similar domain. I have to carefully many aspects other than just financial consideration. I would like to choose the job based on the basis of how it will you prefer working here if given an opportunity.
- Do not say you will not take offer from competitor. It is logically wrong because you have not yet got offer from the interviewer. Answer would appear fake.
- Do not say "I will take other offer". Then you are directly denying or giving a negative signal for the offer from interviewer.
- Do not think this is real question related to offers. It is just a mind game to trap you.
- To see of you are desperate enough to accept whatever is given to you.
- To know if you are flexible.
- To check if you can give formal long term commitment for work.