Politics is a trending topic since last decade. Politics has changed mindset of people as well as professionals. When politics is concerned in interviews, it has following possible intentions.
- To know if you are aware of latest happening which are related to you and might affect you in some way.
- To know if you can think and correlate the facts you know.
- To know if you have opinion and can state then firmly and support them.
- To know if you have a habit of keeping yourself updated on regular basis.
- Browse most read newspapers in printed format or on internet.
- Look at some important events in the last 8-10 days. And of these topics could be selected.
- While reading the news see what you agree with or disagree with. Try picking up some topic and give opinion on it as a practice.
- You need not be right or you are not expected to know everything in politics and economics etc. Interviewer judging your ability to assimilate information and opinions and draw your own inferences which you stand by.
Though I do not have inclination of playing a participative role in politics, it is very important for social and Economic Development of the country. Due to lot of corruption and malpractices followed by political parties, generally educated youth is staying away from the politics and government. Politicians have enormous power in terms of sanctioned budgets to fund projects to build infrastructure power projects, educational reforms etc. Politics is being viewed as dirty game due to personal agendas rather than welfare of the country. In this era we still have people like Anna Hazare who selflessly work for people.
- Keep it short and to the point though you may be aware of certain thing due to your background.
- Do not keep quiet if you do not know anything about it. Say so explicitly or ask the interviewer can I say something about "XYZ" thing which you have read recently and remembered.
- If you can narrate well, you are well informed and and well read.
- You can assimilate information and draw inferences from it. This shows you have capability to draw good inferences and possibly take informed decisions.